Terms and Conditions
Internet Services supplied by WP Pack are tailored for each customer. This includes choice of domain name(s), email address configuration and customisation options within the supplied Premium Theme.
To ensure we are able to offer highly competitive pricing each pack is sold on the basis that it is prepaid and non-refundable.
We reserve the right to cancel service provision on accounts that do not follow our code of conduct or have been identified by our suppliers as disruptive to the running of their web services.
For your convenience it is our policy to auto-renew domain registrations on your behalf without confirmation. If you would like your domain registration to lapse you must give at least three month’s notice.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service please bring it to the attention of our Director. Please prefix the subject of your email or mark your envelope ‘confidential’. We endeavour to resolve all complaints as soon as they are brought to our attention but if this is not possible we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in 5 working days and advise you how we intend to resolve the issue you have raised and how long this is likely to take.
WordPress content management software is open-source and licensed under the General Public License. WP Pack is an independent hosting company and is not associated or endorsed by WordPress.org or WordPress.com
VAT will be charged where applicable. Your statutory rights are not affected. Confidentiality Agreements available on request. Errors and Omissions Excepted. These terms and conditions are for UK business customers.
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
It is the responsibility of all users of Internet services provided by WP Pack to ensure that they are aware of and comply with all legal requirements, copyright regulations and accepted Codes of Practice applicable to and pertaining to the use of Internet Services, both currently and as such legal requirements, copyright regulations and accepted Codes of Practice may be subsequently introduced or amended.
Internet services provided by WP Pack must not be used for or associated in any way with:
1. Anonymous or unsolicited multiple email message transmission to individuals or organisations, through email address lists, newsgroups or any other Internet medium for the purposes of offering information, products or services for sale or through any form of free, bargain, reduced or trial offer. This condition does not disallow normally accepted and acceptable use of multiple email message transmissions. In effect and in meaning, this condition refers to, and is intended to prohibit, the practice colloquially identified as spamming and WP Pack reserves the right to decide and determine without recourse whether or not any instance of such email message transmission is in breach of this condition.
2. Any form of production, promotion, presentation, dissemination or transmission of material that is pornographic, racist or otherwise likely to be considered offensive or illegal for any reason. WP Pack will, if considered necessary, consult with expert bodies in determining the legal status of any such material but, notwithstanding the findings or opinions of any expert body or bodies, reserves the right to decide and determine whether or not any such material is in breach of this condition.
3. Any usage which adversely impacts the performance or normal operation of our services or that consumes a disproportionate share of system resources, including patterns of usage that may affect our network reputation, and could lead to our servers being rate limited, throttled, quarantined or blacklisted.
Breach of these conditions will result in termination of the provision of all Internet Services, and you may be liable to further action.
The use of computers to store information has brought many benefits and opportunities. Some organisations now realise they can exploit computer based information to their own end, and forget that people are involved. At WP Pack we take these issues seriously and aspire to:
- follow the Codes of the Committee of Advertising Practice and Advertising Standards Authority
- follow the guidelines published by the Information Commissioner’s Office
- treat client’s property at least as well as our own
- keep our data systems secure and virus free
We have elected to restrict certain types of content regardless of its legal status. This means that in addition to the supply of Internet services subject to an Acceptable Use Policy we also decline to provide services for anything likely to be considered offensive. We hope that in our own way we can make a difference to the Internet and make it more suitable for minors.
Internet Services are provided in partnership with carefully selected service providers such as Acceptacard, Afternic, Amazon, Backblaze, Bing, CentralNic, Cloudflare, Elegant Themes, EuroDNS, Fasthosts, Google, GoDaddy, Hover, Invision Power Services, MagicSpam, Nominet, PayPal, Plesk, Quotes, Rebel, Sedo, Siteground, UKFast, zFast.
WP Pack will not accept responsibility for any loss, cancellation or interruption of service, nor for any loss of or damage to any form of electronically stored date, nor for any financial reimbursement associated with or attributable to the operation and management of any service connection or provision.
We recommend you arrange secondary services from alternate providers if you feel that unavailability of our service may cause any significant disruption to your business. This is best organised before your moment of need.
The Internet was designed around the principle of fault tolerance through redundancy. None of our suppliers guarantee full service availability because of the complex nature of the systems involved but by choosing reputable and skilled providers we are able to keep the number of incidences to a minimum.
Sales and Support
Please contact us for further information.
About WP Pack…
We are based in the UK. We have been providing web hosting and web design services for over 25 years, and look after about 400 web sites. Our Internet Services are for UK customers only.